Updated: 13 March 2021
I want you to feel comfortable in using my website. I take your privacy seriously and I’ve implemented fair and ethical information practices.
The Information I Collect
When you sign-up for my emails or similar products on my website, you voluntarily supply personally identifiable information about yourself.
The personal information I collect and store may include but is not limited to the following types of information about you:
- Contact information, including your first and last name, and email address.
- Occupation information, including your company name, company type, your title, and any other information you directly provide to us via registration.
Unless explicitly stated at the time of collection, personal information is not shared directly with any advertisers.
You can unsubscribe from my emails at any point via the link provided in each message I send.
When you use my website, I collect additional non-personally identifiable information.
This includes, but is not limited to, data about your device, browser, operating system, your IP address, general location information, page information, and the date and time of each request you make to my website.
This non-personal information may be collected through various technologies, including but not limited to server logs, cookies, and web beacons.
I may use information gathered across my network of websites, social media channels, and other products to create a single user record.
Additionally, I may use or combine information that I collect or receive from outside third-party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records.
How I Use Information
I use your data for the following purposes:
- Provide you with access to the content and services I produce.
- Analyze demographic or behavioral data to improve or personalize the products I offer to you.
- Provide you with more relevant advertising content.
- Post your user generated content and comments to the sites as you request.
- To respond to any emails or requests you directly make to me.
- For my own marketing purposes.
- For my statistical, research, record-keeping, and reporting purposes.
- To comply with the law.
- For any other purpose identified at the time of collection.
I will not use the information provided to me in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
When visitors leave comments on the site, I collect the data shown in the comments form. I also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When I Share Information
I may share information collected about you under the following conditions:
- With your consent, after letting you know what information will be shared, and with whom.
- This includes cases where I share your personal data with one of my advertisers or partners.
- To third party service providers helping me provide, improve, and market my products and services. Examples include but are not limited to:
- My email service provider which I use to send my emails.
- Online analytic tools such as Google Analytics which provides data about website usage.
- Social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- With government entities as needed to provide my services and where required by law.
- To investigate, respond to, or resolve problems or inquiries (including law enforcement or legal requests) or protect, enforce, or defend my rights, assets and/or interests.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features may not work or may not work as designed.
Some browsers make it possible for you to signal that you don’t want your Internet browsing activity to be tracked. Since the Internet community hasn’t reached a consensus on how to honor these signals, I don’t take action on Do-Not-Track requests at this time.
Online Advertising Partners
I will not provide these online advertisers with access to any personally identifiable information you may have provided to me without your consent. Advertisers may, however, use persistent identifiers to track your internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond my website. While I will not provide these advertisers with personally identifiable information, they may already possess personally identifiable information about you, obtained from other sources, and may be able to combine that information with information behavioral data collected when you use my website. For example, whether you engaged with their advertisement when it was displayed.
I do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect and I am not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those third parties.
I will retain your Personal Data for as long as otherwise necessary to provide you with the Services. I will also retain your Personal Data in a secure backup system for a reasonable period of time in order to assure reliable service and as necessary to comply with my legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect my network security, and enforce my agreements.
Where permissible, I will also delete your Personal Data upon your request.
Third Party Websites
My Properties are not intended for children under the age of 16, and I do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
I take reasonable measures to help protect data I collect from unauthorized access and use. I cannot, however, fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.