Shawn P. Mitchell is a freelance writer and a co-founder of Eloquence — a content marketing firm. He focuses on the accelerating use of robotics in global supply chains. He has visited over 60 countries on five continents, speaks a little Japanese, and married his wife, Tricia, in a crumbling German castle.
Master in Entrepreneurship (2016)
University of Malta | Summa Cum Laude
Master in International Relations (2011)
University of Oklahoma | GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Science in International Business (2000)
University of Nevada | Economics & Japanese (日本語)
Content Marketing Strategist and Co-Founder
Eloquence (6+ years)
- Helping small businesses around the world attract new customers and investment.
- Planning, creating, deploying, managing, and measuring content.
- Working with seed, start-up, and early-growth companies to maximize their probability of success.
shawnpmitchell.com (7+ years)
- Researching, writing, and publishing articles and videos on international business, technology, travel, and the environment.
Senior Program Manager
United States Navy (1.5 years)
- Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal, one of the highest medals in the U.S. Armed Forces, for the management of over $25 million dollars’ worth of equipment across 20 different locations in Afghanistan.
- Enhanced the operations of 20 economic development and diplomatic relations teams by coordinating communications, logistics, and materiel support.
Chief Creative Officer
Strategic Pictures Multimedia, Inc. (1.5 years)
- Designed websites, produced video, and created interactive media.
United States Navy (4+ years)
- Earned the Humanitarian Service Award for participation in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami relief efforts.
- Accounted for over US$500,000 in cash, managed payroll for 250 employees, and contracted millions of dollars’ worth of equipment and services around the world.
- Content strategy
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content writing
- Content marketing
- Content management
- Proposal writing
- Editing and proofreading
- Social media
- Social media marketing
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Service Medal
- Economic development
- International business
- Culinary arts
- Martial arts