Shawn P. Mitchell is a content strategist and a co-founder of Eloquence — a content marketing firm. He specializes in copywriting, content creation, UX design, and SEO. His writing, photo, audio, and video content is used in B2B and B2C digital marketing strategies. He has visited over 60 countries on five continents, speaks a little Japanese, and married his wife, Tricia, in a crumbling German castle.
Master in Entrepreneurship (2016)
University of Malta | Summa Cum Laude
Master in International Relations (2011)
University of Oklahoma | GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Science in International Business (2000)
University of Nevada | Economics & Japanese (日本語)
Content Strategist and Co-Founder
Eloquence (6+ years)
- Helping small businesses around the world attract new customers and investment.
- Planning, creating, deploying, managing, and measuring content.
- Working with seed, start-up, and early-growth companies to maximize their probability of success.
Freelance Content Creator
shawnpmitchell.com (7+ years)
- Researching, writing, and publishing articles and videos on international business, technology, travel, and the environment.
Senior Program Manager
United States Navy (1.5 years)
- Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal, one of the highest medals in the U.S. Armed Forces, for the management of over $25 million dollars’ worth of equipment across 20 different locations in Afghanistan.
- Enhanced the operations of 20 economic development and diplomatic relations teams by coordinating communications, logistics, and materiel support.
Chief Creative Officer
Strategic Pictures Multimedia, Inc. (1.5 years)
- Designed websites, produced video, and created interactive media.
United States Navy (4+ years)
- Earned the Humanitarian Service Award for participation in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami relief efforts.
- Accounted for over US$500,000 in cash, managed payroll for 250 employees, and contracted millions of dollars’ worth of equipment and services around the world.
- Content strategy
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content writing
- Content marketing
- Content management
- Proposal writing
- Editing and proofreading
- Social media
- Social media marketing
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Service Medal
- Economic development
- International business
- Culinary arts
- Martial arts