SHAWN P. MITCHELL
Shawn P. Mitchell is a writer specializing in international business, technology, travel, and the environment. He has master’s degrees in entrepreneurship and international relations, and is a former military officer. He speaks a little Japanese, married his wife, Tricia, in a crumbling German castle, and is a wine, cuisine, and culture enthusiast.
Master in Entrepreneurship (2016)
University of Malta | Summa Cum Laude
Master in International Relations (2011)
University of Oklahoma | GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Science in International Business (2000)
University of Nevada | Economics & 日本語
Writer • Content Writer • Content Strategist • Copywriter • Specialist • Manager
shawnpmitchell.com (7+ years)
• Planning, creating, deploying, and managing content solutions that attract more readers and customers for my clients.
• Specializing in international business, technology, travel, and environmental content.
Senior Program Manager
United States Navy (1.5 years)
• Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal, one of the highest medals in the US Armed Forces, for the management of over $25 million dollars’ worth of equipment across 20 different locations in Afghanistan.
• Enhanced the operations of 20 economic development and diplomatic relations teams by coordinating communications, logistics, and materiel support.
Chief Creative Officer
Strategic Pictures Multimedia, Inc. (1.5 years)
• Designed websites, produced video, and created interactive media.
United States Navy (4+ years)
• Earned the Humanitarian Service Award for participation in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami relief efforts.
• Accounted for over US$500,000 in cash, managed payroll for 250 employees, and contracted millions of dollars’ worth of equipment and services around the world.
- Content strategy
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content writing
- Content marketing
- Content management
- Proposal writing
- Editing and proofreading
- Social media
- Social media marketing
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Service Medal
- Economic development
- International business
- Culinary arts
- Martial arts
Thank you for your interest in my professional profile. If you would like a PDF version of this résumé, please click here.