Shawn P. Mitchell is a content writer, strategist, and a co-founder of Eloquence. He helps businesses and non-profits with content development, marketing, and customer relationship management. He has visited over 60 countries on five continents, speaks a little Japanese, and married his wife, Tricia, in a crumbling German castle.
- Master in Knowledge-Based Entrepreneurship (2016) | University of Malta | Summa Cum Laude
- Master in International Relations (2011) | University of Oklahoma | GPA 4.0
- Bachelor of Science in International Business (2000) | University of Nevada, Reno | Economics and Japanese (日本語)
Content Writer, Strategist, and Co-Founder | Eloquence (7+ years)
- Helping small businesses around the world attract new customers and investment.
- Planning, creating, deploying, managing, and measuring content.
- Working with seed, start-up, and early-growth companies to maximize their probability of success.
Freelance Content Writer | shawnpmitchell.com (8+ years)
- Researching, writing, and publishing articles and videos on international travel, technology, entrepreneurship, sustainability, and content strategy.
- Published in Business Insider, International Living, and Roads & Kingdoms.
Senior Program Manager | United States Navy (1.5 years)
- Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal, one of the highest medals in the U.S. Armed Forces, for the management of over $25 million dollars’ worth of equipment across 20 different locations in Afghanistan.
- Enhanced the operations of 20 economic development and diplomatic relations teams by coordinating communications, logistics, and materiel support.
Chief Creative Officer | Strategic Pictures Multimedia (1.5 years)
- Designed websites, produced video, and created interactive media.
Program Manager | United States Navy (4 years)
- Earned the Humanitarian Service Award for participation in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami relief efforts.
- Accounted for over US$500,000 in cash, managed payroll for 250 employees, and contracted millions of dollars’ worth of equipment and services around the world.
- Served as Public Relations Officer and managed international media contacts.
- Provided customer service and technical support to ship’s crew.
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Writing, editing, & proofreading
- User experience design (UX)
- AP & Chicago style
Content Development Software:
- WordPress content management system (CMS)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, & Powerpoint
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
- Final Cut Pro
Content Marketing Software:
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Social Media Marketing: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Hubspot, Marketo
- Customer service & technical support
- Project management
- Public relations
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Service Medal
Hobbies & Interests:
- Development economics
- Fiction writing
- Martial arts
(To download a PDF copy of this résumé, click here.)