Shawn P. Mitchell is an international entrepreneurship consultant and a co-founder of Eloquence. He helps small businesses with content writing, video creation, web design, and marketing. He has visited over 60 countries on five continents, speaks a little Japanese, and married his wife, Tricia, in a crumbling German castle.
- Master in Knowledge-Based Entrepreneurship (2016) | University of Malta | Summa Cum Laude
- Master in International Relations (2011) | University of Oklahoma | GPA 4.0
- Bachelor of Science in International Business (2000) | University of Nevada, Reno | Economics and Japanese (日本語)
Content Strategist and Co-Founder | Eloquence (6+ years)
- Helping small businesses around the world attract new customers and investment.
- Planning, creating, deploying, managing, and measuring content.
- Working with seed, start-up, and early-growth companies to maximize their probability of success.
Freelance Content Creator | shawnpmitchell.com (7+ years)
- Researching, writing, and publishing articles and videos on travel, technology, and sustainability.
- Published in Business Insider, International Living, and Roads & Kingdoms.
Senior Program Manager | United States Navy (1.5 years)
- Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal, one of the highest medals in the U.S. Armed Forces, for the management of over $25 million dollars’ worth of equipment across 20 different locations in Afghanistan.
- Enhanced the operations of 20 economic development and diplomatic relations teams by coordinating communications, logistics, and materiel support.
Chief Creative Officer | Strategic Pictures Multimedia (1.5 years)
- Designed websites, produced video, and created interactive media.
Program Manager | United States Navy (4 years)
- Earned the Humanitarian Service Award for participation in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami relief efforts.
- Accounted for over US$500,000 in cash, managed payroll for 250 employees, and contracted millions of dollars’ worth of equipment and services around the world.
- Leadership, organization, discipline, and time management
- Writing, editing, and proofreading (copy, technical, and proposal writing)
- Video production (Final Cut Pro and Motion 5)
- Digital marketing (Google Ads and social media)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Content management (WordPress and Google Analytics)
- Microsoft Office and Apple OS
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Service Medal
- Martial arts and running
- Travel, history, culture, and cuisine
(To download a PDF copy of this résumé , click here)